The American Hospital Association (AHA) has developed several resources on vaccine planning and administration for hospitals and health systems, as well as public-facing educational campaigns.
- Advocacy: A letter that AHA sent to HHS asking for more federal leadership on vaccine rollout.
- New Ad Council Public Service Announcement: The Ad Council launched an AHA-supported COVID-19 Vaccine Education Effort, a multichannel campaign with four videos, several of which feature AHA Board Chair Melinda Estes, M.D. In addition to the Ad Council-developed videos, hospitals and health systems have access to a host of downloadable materials.
- New Toolkit: The Society for Healthcare Strategy and Market Development members developed a new communications toolkit to guide hospitals and health systems through the steps involved in planning, designing, and executing a vaccine communications plan and campaign.
- #MyWhy: A social media campaign that amplifies health care workers’ voices on the importance of getting vaccinated.
- AHA Vaccine Website: Developed in coordination with the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the site features a vaccine candidate scorecard, a vaccine primer, CDC’s communications and distribution resources, and an allocation framework.