PG&E is providing rebates for ultra-low temperature (ULT) freezers. All the requirements need to be met in order to qualify, but this is a good opportunity for hospitals buying energy-efficient ULT freezers in preparation for a COVID-19 vaccine.
Requirements for a ULT freezer include:
- The freezer must have an Energy Star label.
- The doors must be mounted on vertical hinges.
- The volume must be between 15 and 29 cubic feet (0.425-0.821 cubic meters).
- The freezer must be capable of maintaining temperatures down to -80 degrees Celsius.
- The installation address must have a commercial electric account with PG&E.
|Rebate Code||Description||Rebate/Unit Measure|
|RF006||High Efficiency ULT (-80 degrees Celsius) 15 to <24 cubic feet||$300|
|RF007||High Efficiency ULT (-80 degrees Celsius) 24 to 29 cubic feet||$600|