A new white paper from endorsed business partner Merritt Hawkins titled Will There Be a Doctor in the House? Physician Supply, Demand, and Staffing During and Post-COVID-19 examines the profound impact COVID-19 has had on physician recruiting and retention.
Specifically, the white paper addresses these questions:
- How has the virus affected key factors driving physician supply and demand?
- What do health care facilities seeking physicians need to know about the new dynamics in physician recruiting?
- What course should physicians seeking practice opportunities take in light of the pandemic?
- How has medical education been affected and what steps should be taken to secure an adequate supply of physicians in the long-term?
- How have medical schools altered their curriculums and schedules in response to the virus, in some cases allowing for early graduation?
It also offers several recommendations on how to avoid a potential physician shortage and for enhancing long-term access to physicians. Hospital Council members can obtain a copy of this resource by contacting Merritt Hawkins Divisional Vice President of Marketing Joe Price at email@example.com.